• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Will SB's just be fodder for INF/NS?

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
I always felt considerably weaker on my SB on Phoenix than Infs and NS's. The only thing that allowed me to beat them was higher RR.

The lack of stuns is killer, especially when Infs get that 9s stun off evade.

2h PA was never worth using on Phoenix due to the huge delay between PA and your next swing and crap 2h damage. Unless 2h damage is rectified here, it will remain gimped.
You're not supposed to use 2H on the PA, you're supposed to use it on the CD follow-up. That way you get even more style damage from it AND there is only a 1.5 swing speed delay between PA and CD.

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
You're not supposed to use 2H on the PA, you're supposed to use it on the CD follow-up. That way you get even more style damage from it AND there is only a 1.5 swing speed delay between PA and CD.
CD only has a growth rate of 1.10, where as PA is special (based on Crit Spec skill and other variables)
How would switching to 2H for CD improve the damage?

Last edited:

phixion

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Yeah pretty sure you should use it on PA for the huge damage. That's how I always used it in the past anyway.

I suspect Phoenix did indeed nerf PA damage too, you never really got that chunk or spike damage from it, not like you used to anyway.

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
CD only has a growth rate of 1.10, where as PA is special (based on Crit Spec skill and other variables)
How would switching to 2H for CD improve the damage?
PA is additive meaning that you get a bonus to damage regardless of the speed of the weapon used. 2H only increases the unstyled damage part of the equation. CD is multiplicative meaning you multiply the growth rate by the damage and speed of the weapon, in addition to the higher unstyled damage. I did the cap speed PA (Axe/LA) and slowest 2H (even using a temp that LOWERED my swing speed when using my 2 Hander) for CD, and not a single target that I successfully PA'ed ever lived. They didn't even have time to QC stun/mezz/root me.

Not a single one lived. Ever.