• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Will 2H savage of 1.65 be a valid option

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
But you're saying we may as well include it because there's no explicit patch note, which I disagree with because it was clearly removed at some point and it logically points to 1.65

And I don't disagree with your reasoning at all. I think you are probably 100% correct.

The reason I think it should still be in though is that it doesn't say it was taken out before 1.65 so we don't know, we are truly guessing, even if we consider it an educated guess.

There is another thread talking about the stun component of the Ice Storm attack and who should have access to it and it kind of falls into this same argument.

If something is not specifically listed in or before the 1.65 patch, is it truly fair to make an "educated guess" to remove something or add it? I think the argument can be made for both cases, but the simple answer for me is no since the dev's have said 1.65 replication plus a few "minor" QoL changes is what they plan on here.

Either way, we'll see how it goes =)

whamburger

Reaction score
If something is not specifically listed in or before the 1.65 patch, is it truly fair to make an "educated guess" to remove something or add it? I think the argument can be made for both cases, but the simple answer for me is no since the dev's have said 1.65 replication plus a few "minor" QoL changes is what they plan on here
I think the answer is yes, especially when the alternative is making uneducated guesses. You're not asking for 1.65 replication, because all available evidence points to 2h quad hits not existing at the patch level. You're asking to include it anyways because there's no explicit patch note, which would be counter to an actual 1.65 replication.

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
This is 1.65 patchnote from Release Notes October 8, 2003.

A bug in Savage's chances to triple or quad has been fixed. Savages should now triple more frequently than before, and quad less frequently than before. Due to this, overall savage damage should decrease. - Damage nerf

Savage buffs have been halved in duration, and had their health cost halved. - Losing health more often so 15 second duration instead of 30, and the change two lines down compounds this change

The Savage "Irreverent Gesture" line has been changed from a shout to a 2 second cast time. Wasn't that great before, now its fairly useless unless u know you will get a kill or need to keep a stealther in combat

Savage buffs now subtract a percent of your maximum health, not your estimated health. Since estimated health was lower, this is an increase from what it used to be. Fairly huge nerf... Your buffs cost you even more hp on top of having to be cast twice as often
:(

We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon (to be equivalent to Hand to Hand weapons). Meh, w.e all about h2h anyways this was to nerf 2H damage

---
If it is explicit in patchnotes or not. Doesn´t matter!
If you want to oneshot a fullbuffed melee with 2h and quadhit, you favor a op mechanic which will destroy the gaming experience and cut off all other midgard meleeclasses like it was on live.
And in this case you are a unsavory orifice and out of any discussable line.

Savages only quadhit with h2h!

Last edited:

Amarath

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
This is 1.65 patchnote from Release Notes October 8, 2003.

A bug in Savage's chances to triple or quad has been fixed. Savages should now triple more frequently than before, and quad less frequently than before. Due to this, overall savage damage should decrease. - Damage nerf

Savage buffs have been halved in duration, and had their health cost halved. - Losing health more often so 15 second duration instead of 30, and the change two lines down compounds this change

The Savage "Irreverent Gesture" line has been changed from a shout to a 2 second cast time. Wasn't that great before, now its fairly useless unless u know you will get a kill or need to keep a stealther in combat

Savage buffs now subtract a percent of your maximum health, not your estimated health. Since estimated health was lower, this is an increase from what it used to be. Fairly huge nerf... Your buffs cost you even more hp on top of having to be cast twice as often

We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon (to be equivalent to Hand to Hand weapons). Meh, w.e all about h2h anyways this was to nerf 2H damage

---
If it is explicit in patchnotes or not. Doesn´t matter!
If you want to oneshot a fullbuffed melee with 2h and quadhit, you favor a op mechanic which will destroy the gaming experience and cut off all other midgard meleeclasses like it was on live.
And in this case you are a unsavory orifice and out of any discussable line.

Savages only quadhit with h2h!
I mean they quad hit and its asymmetrical balance. Not all classes are equal. with slow 2h is rare to see quads in 1.65.