• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Will 2H savage of 1.65 be a valid option

Chaskha

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I do remember being two shotted (as a caster) by savages with their gigantic 2H hammers under celerity/haste.
While it was annoying for me, I'm sure it was a blast for the savages.

How do you plan to deal with that ?

Onewish

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Would be cool to see always for different styles of play even if its not min/max but can still feel powerful.

Fey

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Savage won't get PF correct? If so they're a meme and you won't have to worry about it.

Eversor

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Savage won't get PF correct? If so they're a meme and you won't have to worry about it.

Hammer has rear snare, it's priceless. There's a reason 99% of non stealth Mid melee uses hammer.

Thedeadone

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
The dot proc might cause problems but i bet 2h troll hammer savage with Dragonstorm would be cool.

Algarakai

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Hello,
In fact, there s always the same probleme with Midgard style, the only style who stun target are submit to shield blocking...
How can you do it without shield??
Savage or skald need some stun style on parrying

Process

Reaction score
Savage has great stuns in H2H. If you go 2H on a savage you do so knowing that you're forfeiting those stuns. That's what is beautiful about this game.. you decide how to build your character and you are making trade offs along the way.

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
Savage has great stuns in H2H. If you go 2H on a savage you do so knowing that you're forfeiting those stuns. That's what is beautiful about this game.. you decide how to build your character and you are making trade offs along the way.
7ac.jpg

Malidry

Reaction score
The reason 2H savages were so strong was because they could quad hit with a 2 hander. That quickly got nerfed a few patches after 1.65

Spiegal

Reaction score
Wait, savages could multiple hit on 2H? I don<t recall that

Jabstar

Reaction score
Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Yeah, i can read how bad midgard will be...
Good advertise folks.
S/C charges only for midgard? Ummmh... nope

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
The last I knew savages had quad hits with 2h in the 1.65 patch. Both Uthgard and Pheonix changed it but both admitted it was in the 1.65 patch.

Everyone saying we need to leave this set to 1.65 is ok with savages quadhitting with 2h weapons right? This was the patch level that savages were 1 shotting casters fairly often which is why they were changed so quickly.

whamburger

Reaction score
Quad hitting with 2h was removed before or with 1.65

I think it's covered by this patch note:
"We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon (to be equivalent to Hand to Hand weapons)."

It's not really clear how they toned it down, but there's no mention of removing 2h quad hits anywhere in the patch notes from 1.60 all the way through 1.73 (Catacombs). They definitely did not have 2h quad at Cata release, so it stands to reason it was the 1.65 changes

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Quad hitting with 2h was removed before or with 1.65

I think it's covered by this patch note:
"We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon (to be equivalent to Hand to Hand weapons)."

It's not really clear how they toned it down, but there's no mention of removing 2h quad hits anywhere in the patch notes from 1.60 all the way through 1.73 (Catacombs). They definitely did not have 2h quad at Cata release, so it stands to reason it was the 1.65 changes

I think it should be gone, but until we see an actual patch showing the moment it was pulled out, shouldn't 2h quad hits stay? Lots of people here keep arguing for classic 1.65 with just minor QoL changes that they should be arguing for this to be in game also.

We shouldn't be allowed to "assume" it was pulled around this patch level when it could have been the next patch or the patch before without posted proof since this seems to be the standard everyone wants to go off of.

If it is allowed, and I don't see how you can't without showing some serious hypocrisy, I can't wait to see all the crying from hibs/albs that savages are to OP and need nerfed =)

whamburger

Reaction score
Like I said in my post, there is no note stating it was removed at least up until 1.73. If we go by the 'no explicit note' baseline then they should still have 2h quad hits in live right now. Do they? If not, then it must have been removed

Go yell at Mythic/Broadsword, or find me the patch note saying it was removed so we can know with certainty which patch it was

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Like I said in my post, there is no note stating it was removed at least up until 1.73. If we go by the 'no explicit note' baseline then they should still have 2h quad hits in live right now. Do they? If not, then it must have been removed

Go yell at Mythic/Broadsword, or find me the patch note saying it was removed so we can know with certainty which patch it was

That's my point, we don't know when it was removed with certainty so I'm not sure it is fair to remove it in 1.65 under the assumption that it just seems like the right time it happened.

whamburger

Reaction score
That's my point, we don't know when it was removed with certainty so I'm not sure it is fair to remove it in 1.65 under the assumption that it just seems like the right time it happened.
But you're saying we may as well include it because there's no explicit patch note, which I disagree with because it was clearly removed at some point and it logically points to 1.65