• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

What is the acuity stat for Nighshades here?

Zansobar

Reaction score
Is it Dexterity like it was on Phoenix (I think) or is it intelligence?

Reaction score
Pretty sure it is Strength at this patch level normally. Phoenix was a custom change that they reverted because of people complaining it was OP as Dexterity.

Wreckanishu

Reaction score
Afaik it is intelligence at this patch level.

It's a consistently raised issue by the NS TL since 1.57 pretty much
#3) AUGMENT ACUITY, WILD ARCANA, and VIPER (access abilities):

1) Augment Acuity is said to raise the acuity stat for a class, and for Nightshades, it is listed as INT on the Herald Realm Abilities page. It is currently a point sink prerequisite for Wild Arcana.

SOLUTION: The documentation is incorrect, Mythic attempted to “fix” the problem which actually ended up nerfing Nightshade magic. What needs to be done is a definitive stance on Nightshade magic on what stat directly affects it (hopefully Dexterity, as was pointed out for the reasons earlier in this report). It would also be too costly to make it based on an additional stat that the Nightshade would also have to raise at the cost of melee stats. Augment Acuity NEED NOT actually raise a stat, provided that Augment Acuity has rewarding options to take up for paying its cost, which brings us to problem 2:
1.57 TL, repeated in 1.58

The recommendation to change the acuity stat for NS to Dex then changed to STR in subsequent TL reports
Repeat of suggestions from bug listing above:

• Suggestion is to make Augment Acuity raise strength, as our power pool is currently based on this stat, and would give bladeshades a much needed alternative avenue to raise their weapon skill. If this is added, please remove Augment Strength from our list of RA’s so we cannot ‘double dip’ for cheap strength increases as we have no RA’s that need this as a prerequisite.

And in patch 1.62, the Augment acuity RA was changed for NS to have an impact on Power pool and Spell dmg.

- The Augmented Acuity RA now affects power pool and damage for Nightshade spell abilities.

All those infos available in my TL archive: https://www.atlasfreeshard.com/threads/daoc-tl-reports-archive.1421/post-11607

Tl:dr : Intelligence should be the acuity stat for NS. Str or Dex were custom implementations, even though recommended by NS TL for a long while. The low-ish spell damage for NS is by design. You can always try and get +75int on gear, and pick an elf for a 70 int start.

Augmented AcuityPassiveN/A1361014N/AN/AIncrease your class's casting stat by 6 per level. Theurgist, Wizard, Sorcerer, Cabalist, Eldritch, Mentalist, Enchanter, Champion, Ranger, Nightshade: Intelligence. Skald, Bard, Minstrel: Charisma. Druid, Warden: Empathy. Cleric, Paladin, Friar, Thane, Spiritmaster, Runemaster, Healer, Shaman, Hunter: Piety.

Last edited:

Zansobar

Reaction score
So I was testing in game and the gem you get gives +75 to all stats, including +75 acuity. My int was still at 60 so if it does add to acuity and acuity is int it isn't showing on the paper doll. That would explain some of my testing though as I couldn't get my dd to increase by using potions for str or dex. Though it did decrease as soon as I used a dex/qui potion (and consistently did this) so I submitted a ticket on this issue.

Ensley

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
It should be int, the same as Champion DD damage and power pool. you can just put an item on that gives int and check your power pool.

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Nightshades don't need higher casting damage. They already have viper, avoid pain and dish out tons of damage anyway.
Augmented acuity should be removed from NS, and viper / avoid pain values should be lowered.

Ensley

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
I think Viper is already giga nerfed by not being able to weapon swap each swing

Zansobar

Reaction score
Nightshades don't need higher casting damage. They already have viper, avoid pain and dish out tons of damage anyway.
Augmented acuity should be removed from NS, and viper / avoid pain values should be lowered.
This isn't about more damage, I was just trying to see what the stat was that affected the dd damage. With the base i50 gear and using potions I could not determine what it is (I don't have any +int gear). Though I did find that using the dex/qui potion immediately lowered damage greatly per cast for some unexplainable reason. I actually think the dex/qui potion is bugged because I didn't get this behavior by adding/removing dex or qui items. But as soon as I use the dex/qui potion damage drops like 30 pts per cast and is consistent, then click off the potion and damage goes back up.

naezgul

Reaction score
Dps is locked?
So increased cast speed drops damage per spell

Zansobar

Reaction score
Dps is locked?
So increased cast speed drops damage per spell
I have no idea I can only say that using the dex/qui potion decreased damager per spell while canceling it restored the damage.

keen

Reaction score
Casting stat is str for NS.

Nightshades casting stat is dex on Atlas, but it should be Str.
Sources:
https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/on-nightshades-issues.452392711/
" You (Mythic) published the strength is our casting stat, yet augment acuity and acuity buffs do not do anything to augment strength, our 'casting stat'."
Unfortunatly I could not find the primary source, but it is mention serveral times also in the according Uthgard thread:
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=33513

also: 1.62
Realm Abilities

- The Augmented Acuity RA now affects power pool and damage for Nightshade spell abilities.

aug acuity should increase dmg/powerpool, but not str.

Last edited:

naezgul

Reaction score
Casting stat is str for NS.

Nightshades casting stat is dex on Atlas, but it should be Str.
Sources:
https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/on-nightshades-issues.452392711/
" You (Mythic) published the strength is our casting stat, yet augment acuity and acuity buffs do not do anything to augment strength, our 'casting stat'."
Unfortunatly I could not find the primary source, but it is mention serveral times also in the according Uthgard thread:
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=33513

also: 1.62
Realm Abilities

aug acuity should increase dmg/powerpool, but not str.
I think your post will confuse more than anything else

Zansobar

Reaction score
Well in the patch today they changed it to Str from Dex. I didn't make a NS for launch so I can't test it.