• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Thidranki

Caminn

Reaction score
Quick question... how is the action in Thidranki ? anyone spending time in there to get some realm skill points for leveling, or simply bypassing it to get to 50 asap ?

Zansobar

Reaction score
I have never seen anyone in Thidranki doing a /who Thid in game. I get the feeling that people level so fast they just would rather get to 50 and get the RRs there since they will gain RPs there also faster.

Caminn

Reaction score
I was looking forward for some Thidranki pvp action, oh well.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Stringer

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
thid is inherently interesting to people once they start getting bored of their max level toons

i'd give it a few weeks, maybe, and im sure with the whole RoGs dropping, there will be a thid scene developing

Aph

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
The team decided to restrict /rp off to lvl 40+ i believe? im not against it, but it does deny what most people refer to as the BG scene. I read somewhere that it was a huge issue for another shard, where the BG scene ended up crippling the frontiers action to such a degree that it made players quit entirely! We don’t want to go there. I love bg’s and i played them on live for ages, but if its bad for the server health it should be dealt with like they already have.

Muschen

Reaction score
I believe that the issue is an unattractive place for casuals to RvR, not the BGs itself.

I used to play alot of BGs on "the other" freeshard and we had maybe 3 way fights with 30 people at best, that should not have any effect on frontier action. After a while i got tired and lvled a few characters to lvl 50 and i think other people did that aswell.

/rp off will lead to some people not even trying the server, including me.

naezgul

Reaction score
I believe that the issue is an unattractive place for casuals to RvR, not the BGs itself.

I used to play alot of BGs on "the other" freeshard and we had maybe 3 way fights with 30 people at best, that should not have any effect on frontier action. After a while i got tired and lvled a few characters to lvl 50 and i think other people did that aswell.

/rp off will lead to some people not even trying the server, including me.
30 players is a high percentage and can easily affect the RvR feel in frontiers

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
10 players per realm in thidranki would in no way effect Frontier RvR....that's absurd

That literally depends on how many people are on before you can make that statement.

1500 total players? No biggie

300 total players? Yeah that is gonna make a difference

Muschen

Reaction score
This was on 1500 total players, thats 2%.
Six people on a server of 300, will that make a difference?

You believe that 100% these people will then just level up to 50, get a full set of SC and run around in the frontiers?

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
This was on 1500 total players, thats 2%.
Six people on a server of 300, will that make a difference?

You believe that 100% these people will then just level up to 50, get a full set of SC and run around in the frontiers?

I didn't say that did I?

The quote was 10 people PER realm so that is a total of 30...this has nothing to do with 2% of 1500, we are literally stating 10 per realm from 300 total.

On a server with 1500 people that means mostly nothing...

On a server of 300 that is totally different. If they are playing Thid, that means they are into the RvR so I would assume that if Thid wasn't available they would go to frontiers yes. I love how you jump to getting full SC gear and being lvl 50. You do understand a lot of people go to the frontiers from 40+ and a lot of them never get any gear different from what they leveled in right? Are they truly competitive? Probably not for straight 8v8. Are they still able to have fun and make a difference? Absolutely.

Also, if a server has 300 people, and 30 of them are in Thid (which I am not against btw), that leaves 270 playing the game. It does NOT mean there are 270 in the frontiers. There might be 15 people per realm just lvling alts, so that is 45 total. There might be people just farming gold/gear/quest so lets just throw out a number and say 30 each realm so thats 90 for a total of 135. Some might just be on to craft/socialize and we will just throw out 5 per realm for 15 making the new number 150. There could easily be more one way or the other, but that would leave 120 left. In a perfect world that would be 40 per realm. So if we have 40 per realm actually RvRing in the frontiers, then 10 more would absolutely make a huge difference.

Keep in mind those are just random numbers, I am just giving a general example of how the population could be.

Also, I am a big believer in BG's given more bouses to encourage more to play them, and I am always told the same thing as people are saying here.

Yes, the BG's do take away from frontiers, and yes people will go to the frontiers if they can't play in BG's, at least for awhile before they quit out of frustration/boredom/whatever, but how about people try to understand why casuals like the BG's SO MUCH MORE than the frontiers? BG's are a lot of fun for people who don't want to min/max everything and carry every pot and charge item.

Casuals just want to have fun, and every time a server pushes pots/charge items/whatever, you are literally pushing away the casual player.

I hope the server does well, I just have a feeling it will start strong like every other server, then just die out as the power gamers pull farther and farther away from the casuals, and the casuals just move on.

Dreadone

Reaction score
You forget those players like me who would simply just logg off with no bg option available. i think i wouldnd even play that server at all then. The last thing i would do is lvl50 rvr because of reasons. so im getting a little mad when im hearing statements like "...the BG's do take away from frontiers...". I know that sounds totaly crazy ;) but there are BG only players. So pls dont force your playstyle upon us ;)

Last edited:

Muschen

Reaction score
Thats a long answer, you just said that 30 people is a high percentage without any numbers. And i told you that in my example this was 2%.

In my case the BGs brought me out to the frontiers because i got bored of Thidranki after a while. So without the BGs i wouldnt have had two lvl 50s fighting in the frontier.

iceythe

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
You forget those players like me who would simply just logg off with no bg option available. i think i wouldnd even play that server at all then. The last thing i would do is lvl50 rvr because of reasons. so im getting a little mad when im hearing statements like "...the BG's do take away from frontiers...". I know that sounds totaly crazy ;) but there are BG only players. So pls dont force your playstyle upon us ;)
+1

Not keen on 50 rvr. I'll play on atlas when /rp off works in thid. Maybe never.

naezgul

Reaction score
Thats a long answer, you just said that 30 people is a high percentage without any numbers. And i told you that in my example this was 2%.

In my case the BGs brought me out to the frontiers because i got bored of Thidranki after a while. So without the BGs i wouldnt have had two lvl 50s fighting in the frontier.
The statement I made(source of the argument) dropped the first word. IF

rgarrett

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Please join us in THID

also devs allow us to lock RPS in THID

Open 50 rvr sucks big time for casual players its not fun STAY IN THID FOREVER

Elerya

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Thid RvR was a lot of fun today :) Thx everyone for participating.

Greetings from Hibernia,

Mondfuchs

Luluko

Reaction score
Really a shame that you have to make a new toon once you hit rr2, if you want to stay in thid thats time wasted in pve. And those which dont like the balance, stealthzergs or 8man running them over in the frontiers will still rather level a new thid toon than donating in 50 rvr and having the costs of buffpots/charges. And thid is a lot more fun and faster action, a 50 bg would also be nice.

Dfence

Reaction score
We started with our smally in thid today and it was a lot of fun.
alb fz is dead, mid fz is dead. Imo aslong you are not 8 there is no reason to do lvl 50 pvp.
I think we will stay in thid until there is any incentive for more smallys to go into fz.

Mr.Peanut

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I am currently in thid there is alot of steady action from all 3 realms.