• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Stuck in Thid Loading Map

Battlegurl

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Hi, I am stuck in thid, but in an area with blank space. I can see region death spam and chat, but i am suspended in air.

Freemon

Atlas Team
Gamemaster
Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Hi there! Please try the following steps. Those have solved this very same issue all the time:
1. logging out
2. opening the daoc folder and starting "camelot.exe"
3. waiting for the patcher to fully patch the game.
4. downloading the atlas pack ( https://www.mediafire.com/file/bqoxe9xh89lmg2d/AtlasPack-0.3.zip/file ), copying it into the folder and unpacking it.
5. allowing replacements, if necessary
6. starting atlas launcher as admin

Battlegurl

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Thanks for your help. I had to uninstall everything and reinstall following the steps. Maybe along my initial attempt something happened. Thanks

Freemon

Atlas Team
Gamemaster
Reaction score
Realm
Albion
For future problems with that: Did you have multiple freeshards in that one daoc folder, or did you use a fresh copy of daoc?

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I just had this same exact problem. I had no issues testing Atlas, then I updated by running the camelot.exe in my Atlas game folder, then tried to play on Atlas as I had been doing, and I could not log into Thid. I had to download the Atlas pack again and extract that to my Atlas game folder.

I guess this happens because the Atlas launcher doesn't do any file checking or installing of files?

Freemon

Atlas Team
Gamemaster
Reaction score
Realm
Albion
That's correct. If you patched via camelot.exe, you need to reinstall atlas, as it will replace all files and patch it to live-level.

tozz

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
ummm my nortons wouldn't allow the connect file saying its a know Virus this didn't do it on the original atlas download

Freemon

Atlas Team
Gamemaster
Reaction score
Realm
Albion
We had someone with norton who had problems with the 0.3 version as well. Seems to only affect norton-users and seemingly not all as well. It's obviously no virus. :p