• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Soooo about Wardens...

Valak Demonun

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Warden has always been my favorite class in the game but I have never actually played one seriously. Mainly because I was told no one wants them and would rather have another druid or bard instead. So my question is it worth giving it a shot here, or is more the same meta classes only vibe? Cheers and see ya on the field!

Morry101

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I generally always roll a warden at some point, same as you...just like the class but am under no illusions as to it's problems. As to whether or not it will be wanted in groups? who can tell, I still think there is a place for them in groups (spec dependent). I daresay a lot of the better more competitive 8v8 types would not choose it over another druid as you say.

The real problem is investing all the time and effort to level/template only to be left swaying in the breeze come RvR time....

Ncredible Bulk

Reaction score
Roll yourself a >= 45 Nurt + >= 35 reg (rest weapon for peels/pet clear) Warden and you'll find groups. Cure NS being given to them and that bubble chant helps a ton especially if you run caster heavy

Morry101

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
49/35/21/16 (Nurt/Reg/Blades/Parry respectively) was what I was thinking - I saw the cure nearsight on the builder and thought 'hmmm' that could be the difference between group and no group.

Valak Demonun

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Thanks guys, ya I like that spec. Ive always mained friar with high rejuv and staff so not being able to go toe to toe with folks will be my biggest hurdle lol.

Howdypal

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
I wouldn't say nobody wants them. It's just more situational. At least from my very little experience playing a warden on live.

Gildar

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Wardens are great for an hib grp imho.
The problem are only that grps that call themselves élite or pro ... they just refuse the wardens .... but on phoenix i run with a good 8mens hib tanker meta with my warden and we do very well.
In zerg you find grp easy ... the harder situation is duo/trio
Just my 2 cents

Process

Reaction score
At 1.65 wardens did not receive cure disease or cure poison. That will be a deal-breaker for many RvR groups if it is not changed

Xyn

Reaction score
I'd imagine PBT and resists would be pretty nice to have, but I agree that giving wardens cure disease and poison should at least be considered.

DJ2000

Reaction score
The Bard spot can not be argued against.
The Druid spot can not be argued against.
The Warden is a bit on the brink. The Warden did receive a buff in form of a cure NS spell.

I consider the Warden being a staple in most groups, especially when up against Albion.
But there are also valid arguments to replace him with a 2nd Druid.

The lack of cure pois/dis is a downside, though.

There are ways to change this,
- adding something to the Warden
- Transferring something to the Warden from the Bard
- subtracting something from the main Healers (Cleric/Healer/Druid - no cure NS)
... but i don't think that anything will be changed, as any change would entail further custom changes/adjustments to a server that want's to stay as 1.65 as possible.

Ncredible Bulk

Reaction score
All secondary healers are getting cure NS, poison, and disease. Frankly, if I was running 4-3 hib DPS casters I'd go bard/druid/druid/warden/light eld/caster/caster/caster. The BT benefits a warden is going to give you is amazing. Especially shines against mid melee groups obvisouly.

Sicks

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
I think they are the only hib twf also. Crazy tool for a caster kite group and I normally got a spot in the 4-5 natty groups.

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I think they are the only hib twf also. Crazy tool for a caster kite group and I normally got a spot in the 4-5 natty groups.
I agree that being the only class in the game with TWF is a boon, but we also have to remember that they'll be competing for a slot that could be given to a druid that has group purge, so the question becomes: If you're running 4 naturalists, do you want 2 group purges and TWF/PBT/resists or do you want 3 group purges? I don't have a position on that; I just think old RAs complicate the choice a bit more than new RAs.

Annaris

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
At 1.65 wardens did not receive cure disease or cure poison. That will be a deal-breaker for many RvR groups if it is not changed
it would be really useful to add it

Idi

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I was told no one wants them
Paper DAOC nonsense. The overwhelming majority of the player base runs BG, group, small, and duo RvR in pick-up groups (PuG), or in a combo of guild / pug. Wardens are absolutely welcomed, and they provide a significant contribution to any group. Their bubbles help protect the support from the melee and pet trains, their resists help protect EVERYONE from the caster assist trains, they can assist and sidesnare with their melee, heal with their regrowth line, and help save conc with their base buffs. A warden is THE ultimate Hib support class that can go offense or defense as any given situation dictates.