• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Reskin Vendor 2.0 and Achievements

Cosmetic Reward Structure

The Theory

In-game cosmetics are a popular feature in MMOs, and crafting the perfect aesthetic can be as important as completing a full template for some. In a truly classic setting, a player wearing cool glowy items would be a sign of significant investment on that player's part. We wanted to recreate the reward of investing time into a character (and the feeling of awe and elusiveness that rare skins can provide) and have revamped our reskin system with these things in mind.

Moving forward, reskins will no longer be widely available without restriction. Instead, a basic selection of skins will be provided to characters, and players will need to accomplish in-game achievements to unlock new options.

In all cases, these cosmetics are meant to be longer-term progression rewards. Unlocking the coolest cosmetics should come from completing one of the progression tracks, and those skins should only be wearable by those who have completed the track. Reward in the final tier of a progression track will be bound to the account that achieved it, and not be tradable to other players. Rewards before the final tier of a progression track will be able to be traded and resold as normal.

For clarification, a 'final tier' of a progression track would be things like: RR10, 25 Dragon Kills, All Crafts Mastered, etc.

RvR

RR 1
(Usable while leveling) - Entry level cosmetics (Free)
Tier 1/2/3 crafted armor appearances
Realm loyalty skins/glows

RR 2 - Robust basics (1000 orbs)
Tier 4/5 crafted armor appearances
Unlock ability to customize pauldron/glove/boot padding

RR 4 - Entry ToA (7500 orbs)
Lower tier ToA reskins become available (generic zone appearances: Aerus/Stygian/etc)
50% of weapon glows unlocked

RR 5 - Class Epics (10000 orbs)
Class Epic suit unlocked

RR 6 - Fancy ToA (15000 orbs)
Higher tier ToA reskins become availabe (artifacts)
80% glows unlocked (the last 20% will come from rewards in other areas of the game)

RR 10 - Champion/ultimate tier (35000 orbs)
Champion Weapon reskins become available
Realm-cloak reskins unlocked
Vanity pet of the realm-king

PvE
We do not want to leave our PvE players out in the cold with an entirely RvR focused progression path, so we have included things for them to unlock and acquire. However, since we have no post-50 progression track like RR to tie it to, we have implemented achievements. Achievement progress is tracked on an account level, so players can participate in PvE with many classes interchangeably without losing progress. Upon completing each achievement, new cosmetics will become available that are only available for purchase with that achievement.

Dragon
Kill Dragon 1 times:
Dragonsworn Gloves/Boots cosmetics unlocked

Kill Dragon 5 times:
Dragonsworn Sleeves/Pants cosmetics unlocked

Kill Dragon 10 times:
Dragonsworn Helm/Chest cosmetics unlocked
Basic Dragonsworn Cloaks unlocked

1651964755006.png

Kill Dragon 25 times:
Dragonsworn Weapon/Ornate Cloak cosmetics unlocked
Full suit of realm-specific dragonslayer armor unlocked
Vanity pet of realm-dragon

1651964787572.png

1651964792315.png

1651964811980.png

Epic Dungeons
(Apocalypse in Sidi for example)
Kill Dungeon Boss 1 time:
Possessed Realm-specific Glove/Boot cosmetics unlocked

Kill Dungeon Boss 5 times:
Possessed Realm-specific Sleeve/Pant cosmetics unlocked

Kill Dungeon Boss 10 times:
Possessed Realm-specific Helm/Chest cosmetics unlocked

1651964964031.png

Kill Dungeon Boss 25 times:
Astral weapon cosmetics unlocked (adze (hib)/dwarven axes (mid)/duelists rapier(alb) for example)
Vanity pet of realm-boss (Apocalypse for example)

1651965008405.png

Crafting
Get one craft to 1000:
'Good Realm-specific' Glove/Boot cosmetics

Get two crafts to 1000:
'Good Realm-specific' Sleeve/Pant cosmetics

Get three crafts to 1000:
'Good Realm-specific' Torso/Helm cosmetics

Get all crafts to 1000:
TBD

1651965038514.png

Orbs Earned
orbs accumulated
'Good Shar' armors unlocked

250k orbs accumulated
'Good Inconnu' armor unlocked

500k orbs accumulated
Title
Vanity beetle pet

Last edited:
As long as we don’t see the obscene WoW style skins…
You can judge for yourself by viewing them here.

@staff: Kindly consider providing an out for players who wish to have Atlas look and feel like a classic DAOC shard and avoid having to deal with all that WOW-like visual foolishness. Give players agency over which DAOC look they want to engage with please.

Compromise suggestion:

Do like Phoenix did and disallow post-SI armor models for players who have selected "classic" player models in the game's options. e.g: The same way pauldrons and pads do not appear on classic models, make post SI models revert to an alternate classic armor model of your chosing. For instance, on PHX, the Oceanus plate armor model reverted back to Hib Scale armor 1 when Classic player models were selected.

Please and thank you

Last edited:
another idea

"Play 100/150/200 consecutive days on a single realm" - realm guardian cloak or whatever

I see the included crafted armor reskins. I happy. Thanks for remembering that request if that is where it came from.

Please include crafted weapons too so we can see people running around with sickles and flanged maces.

Robe for mid casters? =)

There will be options for both robed and non-robed Midgard casters :)

Do like Phoenix did and disallow post-SI armor models for players who have selected "classic" player models in the game's options.

This is actually a restriction built into the client, and should be the same here. Many of the more elaborate/post-ToA skins will not show up if you use classic models

Please include crafted weapons too so we can see people running around with sickles and flanged maces
I did indeed hear your feedback and I've actually already made the effort to include all the crafted weapons. Last night I added another ~120 crafted 1h weapon skins and tonight will be adding the remaining 2h crafted weapons and shields. :)

The goal is to have most, if not all, of the crafted skins available in the free/rr2/rr4 unlocks

I did indeed hear your feedback and I've actually already made the effort to include all the crafted weapons. Last night I added another ~120 crafted 1h weapon skins and tonight will be adding the remaining 2h crafted weapons and shields. :)

The goal is to have most, if not all, of the crafted skins available in the free/rr2/rr4 unlocks
JT1.gif

any estimation when they will be reworked and released?
had a few bugs myself (that I reported) and would love to customise my stuff (and see those of others) more