• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Recommend creating combined buff pots now that buff pots are implemented

Idi

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
While I don't support buff pots due to the negative impact they have on all buff classes, since the decision has been made to add them to the server, I recommend the following:

1.) Create a combined buff pot that buffs the player with the base/spec buffs. 2.) Create a combined buff pot that buffs the player with the heal/power/end regen buff. 3.) Allow pot stacking in inventory.

This improves QoL and allows the players to hit a single buff / regen pot and be done with it, as opposed to having to stand around and cycle through 9 different buff pots, and clears up space in inventory bags and vaults.

TY for your efforts.

naezgul

Reaction score
While I don't support buff pots due to the negative impact they have on all buff classes, since the decision has been made to add them to the server, I recommend the following:

1.) Create a combined buff pot that buffs the player with the base/spec buffs. 2.) Create a combined buff pot that buffs the player with the heal/power/end regen buff. 3.) Allow pot stacking in inventory.

This improves QoL and allows the players to hit a single buff / regen pot and be done with it, as opposed to having to stand around and cycle through 9 different buff pots, and clears up space in inventory bags and vaults.

TY for your efforts.
I’m glad you’ve seen the light…

Idi

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I’m glad you’ve seen the light…
I still stand by everything I wrote condemning them, however, I accept the fact that others don't share my views, including the devs.

I see the combi buffs have been created and are in game. Thank you devs.

Nephamael

Reaction score
I'd recommend making just 1 barrel out of combined buffs and combined regen.

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
LOL and it continues...No Idi this is not directed at you, the combined pots idea is to simplify the buff pots which I get and understand your reasoning...

The dev's add a few buff pots and now people are wanting more and more.

Seriously, why even do buff pots at all???? Just add whatever stats buff pots would give into the character at creation, remove whatever buff spells they would imitate, and just let people play?!?!

I truly hope the dev's are paying attention because this is the slope they are sliding down.

Do people truly think casuals want to spend time finding buff pots and keeping track of them as they play???? You honestly think a casual who goes out into RvR and gets absolutely blasted by a fully pot buffed/templated character is going to be encouraged to keep trying?

All this is doing is massively increasing the wall between hardcore players and casuals. Gee, I wonder why so many casuals just want to stay in PvE and BG's...

Last edited:

Kyuss747

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
LOL and it continues...No Idi this is not directed at you, the combined pots idea is to simplify the buff pots which I get and understand your reasoning...

The dev's add a few buff pots and now people are wanting more and more.

Seriously, why even do buff pots at all???? Just add whatever stats buff pots would give into the character at creation, remove whatever buff spells they would imitate, and just let people play?!?!

I truly hope the dev's are paying attention because this is the slope they are sliding down.

Do people truly think casuals want to spend time finding buff pots and keeping track of them as they play???? You honestly think a casual who goes out into RvR and gets absolutely blasted by a fully pot buffed/templated character is going to be encouraged to keep trying?

All this is doing is massively increasing the wall between hardcore players and casuals. Gee, I wonder why so many casuals just want to stay in PvE and BG's...

Ever played Phoenix?
Cost for a barrel of 100 full buffs was around 450g. Once I used the whole barrel, i had nearly always earned around 400-450g by just player kills in rvr to buy the next one. Never had any issues finding/buying them in housing.
My view is it was a very good system and also for a casual player easy to handle.

We dont know the barrel cost on Atlas, yet, but I cannot imagine that they will be so high that players are forced to spend hours in PvE to afford them.

naezgul

Reaction score
I’m for npc healers giving out the buffs which are permanent until death.