• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Realm Speed Potion's

Scorpio28

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
It'd be nice to have some Realm Speed pot's implemented. Especially for those classes that do not get speed enhancement's.

It definitely make's traveling/exploring the zone's less enjoyable once you lose speed.

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Ofc its not enjoyable to run without speed. So take it on your keeps or take a speeder with you.
1.65 was kind of groupspirit...

Scorpio28

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Ofc its not enjoyable to run without speed. So take it on your keeps or take a speeder with you.
1.65 was kind of groupspirit...
This isn't just geared towards FZ's. ALL zone's. Not sure what the exact speed of 'Realm Speed' is, but it's definitely not Minst/Skald/Bard speed.
And what if someone happens to be looking for someone with speed and can't find anyone, than what?
Not sure why anyone would object to this..

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
You should get 153 %speed on borderkeeps to fz which should last 10 minutes, port and/or ride to nearest location and run... its possible to reach with this technique every location. Trust me. I did this several times.

From my pov for hib, thats what the enchanter is better then animist, better movement.

I am personaly against all qol's which make classabilitys useless.

But how knows, maybe one day we have horses for pve...

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
I agree with Sergej on this one 100%.

Please stop with "class abilities in a bottle". If you want speed, play a class with speed, stop destroying what makes some classes different or just go all in and make one class with all abilities because this is what it is leading to.

Scorpio28

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I agree with Sergej on this one 100%.

Please stop with "class abilities in a bottle". If you want speed, play a class with speed, stop destroying what makes some classes different or just go all in and make one class with all abilities because this is what it is leading to.
This has absolutely nothing to do with 'destroying' a class as you put. More of a QoL enhancement.

Aph

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Unfortunately the consequence of adding speed pots is that classes with speed goes from providing that QoL to not providing it anymore. Thus taking something away from the speed classes - or destroying them as someone put (perhaps abit harsh).

It’s similar to buff pots having negative effects on self buff spec lines for certain classes.

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
This has absolutely nothing to do with 'destroying' a class as you put. More of a QoL enhancement.

How does it not tear it down??? You are literally taking a semi watered down version that only a few classes get and give it to everyone. Sure, Skalds/Minnies/Bards are a lot better then potion speed, but wardens/enchies/etc won't be. You are literally saying it has no effect on them that you are taking an ability and making it available to everyone?

How is this different then making a pot that gives the ability to stun or mez, or at least a semi watered down version and make it available to everyone? Or the ability to equip a shield? Or a multitude of other things.

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
Don't buff pots and charges do the exact same thing? Don't they take other classes' abilities and grant them to everyone?

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Which is why I am against them as well, I jist hope the devs dont keep giving abilities away just because people want to justify it as a qol addition

Luluko

Reaction score
From a solo perspective hastener speed charges would be quite essential if you want to play anthing what isnt a stealther or a minst/skald. But if this server is another one of those which only focuses on fullgrps in rvr then go without it, but dont be surprised if there wont be many solos. I certainly dont feel like looking for a speed class everytime I wanna head out for rvr if I want to play a tank. And I am already tired of skald from phoenix and minstrel is too annoying without a second chant. And a caster isnt a solo option when stealthgrps will camp most milegates.

Last edited: