• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Realm Loyalty and Incentives

teehehe

Reaction score
While I think realm loyalty is important sometimes it is a necessity to swap realms for the overall good of the game. My suggestion for improving realm loyalty is to have incremental title rewards for playing same realm X consecutive days with short burst in between that could reward realm skin. This wouldnt penalize players who swap realms for the good of the game but also provide somewhat of an incentive but not penalize players for swapping. Obviously title would start from lame/simple title to really cool title same goes for skins.

I know the other Idea proposed was an XP/RP/BP bonus for playing a certain realm and I think its a great idea but I feel that kind of penalizes someone who would swap realms based on population/action to help promote a healthy balance of the realms.

Zyfrig

Reaction score
While I think realm loyalty is important sometimes it is a necessity to swap realms for the overall good of the game. My suggestion for improving realm loyalty is to have incremental title rewards for playing same realm X consecutive days with short burst in between that could reward realm skin. This wouldnt penalize players who swap realms for the good of the game but also provide somewhat of an incentive but not penalize players for swapping. Obviously title would start from lame/simple title to really cool title same goes for skins.

I know the other Idea proposed was an XP/RP/BP bonus for playing a certain realm and I think its a great idea but I feel that kind of penalizes someone who would swap realms based on population/action to help promote a healthy balance of the realms.

I think this is a great idea. It really makes players think twice before committing to another realm. Although I would have to say it might be worth considering PvE in other realms should be accessible without breaking realm loyalty?

Another point may be that it would not be so easy to find the right balance in terms of skin availability. For instance is you can just as easily farm your way to the same skins it devaluates the fact that you got them through realm loyalty. Not sure how to balance it correctly.

But I definitely feel this is an idea worth pursuing and fleshing out.

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. It really makes players think twice before committing to another realm. Although I would have to say it might be worth considering PvE in other realms should be accessible without breaking realm loyalty?

Another point may be that it would not be so easy to find the right balance in terms of skin availability. For instance is you can just as easily farm your way to the same skins it devaluates the fact that you got them through realm loyalty. Not sure how to balance it correctly.

But I definitely feel this is an idea worth pursuing and fleshing out.
I had this idea for skins:

LordZero

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard

The unfortunate reality is that the people who believe in "realm pride" and "realm loyalty" don't really matter, they just stick on their favorite realm anyway forever.

The only thing the masses are loyal to is the almighty realm point, this is the spice that must flow to keep or lose people in your realm.

There needs to be a decent realm timer to prevent trolling and mass bandwagoning rp when /rw goes off the handle

My suggestion is this:
- Relics no longer provide the broken damage stacking damage bonuses and instead reward these stacking bonuses:
x% PvE Mob XP
x% Crafting Skill Gain Chance
x% RP BONUS ONLY FROM KILLS BONUS - NO TASK TICK INCREASE
x% Atlas Orb Drop Frequency
- If you switch realms it takes X amount of time in days/weeks/months to start getting impacted by the relic bonuses again
- RP FROM KILLING PLAYERS (NOT TASK TICKS) can reduce this amount of time in days/weeks/months by X% per Y% RP's gained
- Atlas Orb turn in can reduce the amount of time in days/weeks/months by X% per Y% Atlas Orb's turned in

It has something for everyone, promotes taking/defending keeps for relics, and gets past the hey i have 3 str relics so im going to shit on you with 30% additional damage thing people swap sides for/quit over.

Glisseal

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
These are mine.
Realm loyalty suggestions
Incentives:
+10% Rps/XP gain for every lvl 50 on "ONE" realm( up to 30%)
Once you reach the 30% mark you gain 20% more gold from Pve, +50% Salvage returns and + 50% crafting speed

Penalties:
-10% rps/xp/gold for "ANY" Character outside of one realm(up to 30% across the account)

For Example: 1 Alb 1 Mid 1 Hib = -20% rps/xp/gold account wide
2 Alb 2Mid 1 Hib = -30% rps/xp/gold account wide

Cross realmers will get no Relic Bonus for 24 hours.

Last edited:

huldu

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
The grass isn't greener on the other side, unless you're talking about hib.

Glisseal

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
The grass isn't greener on the other side, unless you're talking about hib.
Not sure what your talking about but for each server i play i switch to another realm. Once i start on a server i stay with that realm till the end of server.