• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Perf Damage

Fey

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Disclaimer: I've not played a stealther much in the past, and I'm bad at it.

My perforate artery is having over half of its damage mitigated, even by a dummy, which is what this combat log details.
Is this typical? PA unless I'm mistaken has the highest growth rate of any style in the game, and the damage I'm getting feels just awful after the heavy mitigation numbers. I'm not using a MP weapon, and my stats aren't quite capped so that is an issue. Should I be using a staff for my perfs?

However I've been hit by a 2-hand SB garrote for 247 damage. I popped on a SB at 40% health using Pincer, and he turned around and two-shotted me with 2 garrotes. I don't see myself competing with that kind of damage even at RR 2L9 with an MP weapon. How can I up my dps dudes? 124 PA makes me a sad panda.

Attachments

• sshot000.jpg
    sshot000.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 218

naezgul

Reaction score
What armor are dummies wearing?
Do they all have max AF and resistance?

Fey

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
I thought my weapon was bugged. I tried out 4-5 weapons on dummies. Highest perf 144.

Feels low but maybe is working as intended. What seems odd to me are the very large mitigation numbers.

Fey

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Backstab on Twigs, who is a high RR Zerker. If this kind of mitigation is normal, then all good; but seems odd to me. I'm losing a ton of damage on a stealth opener to mitigation. Non-stealthed CS styles seem fine. I've been perfed on a cloth caster for 367, so I may just be doing it wrong, and/or bad at infil.

Attachments

• sshot Backstab.jpg
    sshot Backstab.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 197

Fey

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Here we are again hitting our favorite target, Twigs. Special shout-out to my main dude.

Backstab II with 99% 2.8 speed Thrust gauche = 116 (-271)

Crippling Blow with 96% 5.4 speed Thrust polearm = 122 (-40)

So the interesting bit here is that I am not specced for thrust on my Armswoman Fraulein. I'm specced for slash, and I forgot you can't switch out damage types. My thrust here is 1+3, and my polearm is 25+ 0. With zero points in thrust I still hit harder than my Infil with Crippling Blow, vs Perf and Backstab. Thrust stealth opener damage is either broken or useless.

Attachments

• Twigs Friggs.jpg
    Twigs Friggs.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 112

Fenyn

Atlas Team
Reaction score
So this is actually not an issue w/ the CS openers having huge mitigation numbers, its actually just a display issue. Currently the (-xxx) number displayed is how far off of the maximum possible damage cap you are. If you actually calculate your base hit + the style modifier displayed you will see that your numbers are coming out correctly.

For example in your first image, you have a PA with a style bonus of (+88) for 124 (-153) damage, followed by your offhand hit for 33 damage.
If you subtract the style bonus (88) from your total (124) you are left with the base damage of 36 (your unmodified MH hit). In this scenario, the maximum possible damage the system would let you do is 124+153= 277 however due to mitigation/resists/spec lines/variance you only ended up doing 124.

As for the BS2/Polearm comparison, you're comparing a 2.8 speed weapon with a 5.4 speed weapon while using only a single datapoint. It could be that your variance rolled low on the BS and high on the polearm, or you were hitting differently armored/resisted targets, or that you have lower weaponskill overall on the stealther. In this scenario, the weapon being much slower and the two classes being separated by 4 or 5 tiers on the damage table were probably the biggest factors. :)

Fey

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Alright sounds good. Going to ignore CS then, and spec more into DW and envenom.

Dstap21

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Are you paing with a 2.4 speed weapon.. Cause if you are that could be why you see such crap pa..
And what is your spec? close to mod weapon? variance could be many things.

Jabstar

Reaction score
Perforate Artery Cap = 75 + Critical Strike Spec * 9 + Nonstyle Cap
Backstab II Cap = 45 + Critical Strike Spec * 6 + Nonstyle Cap

thats supposed to be the damage calculation for from stealth openers. Although i don't know how you calculate the nonstyle cap part

Fey

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
I had 26+8 CS if I remember correctly. I'm new to stealthier obviously, but even with a slower weapon (3.4) my openers are meh at best. Maybe thrust with Briton is bad I don't know. My stats are capped and I have good quality weapons. I'm thinking I'll just roll a scout or something, right now I'm free arepees and it's embarrassing.

Dstap21

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
up that to 34 pa +cd is to good not to have.. ya even with a 3,4 its not super WOW i use a 4.1 to pa with and its decent 300+ then cd stun pretty much over well was till the new heal pots lol. that set up is fine as a brit just need to watch for something slower.. then you can swap to faster to apply more.

Dakkhon

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that PA damage will always be nerfed on these free shard servers as they all hate stealthers. It will never be like live at this point in the game. Which sucks but thats how all devs on all free shards do.

Fenyn

Atlas Team
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that PA damage will always be nerfed on these free shard servers as they all hate stealthers. It will never be like live at this point in the game. Which sucks but thats how all devs on all free shards do.
Not safe to say at all actually, considering we're using the commonly accepted formulas for PA damage with no nerfs in place. :)

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
up that to 34 pa +cd is to good not to have.. ya even with a 3,4 its not super WOW i use a 4.1 to pa with and its decent 300+ then cd stun pretty much over well was till the new heal pots lol. that set up is fine as a brit just need to watch for something slower.. then you can swap to faster to apply more.
You get bigger numbers if you Perf with a cap speed weapon then use the slow weapon for the CD

Dstap21

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
not safe to say at all. ive 2 shotted people . pa actully really good damage on this server...
OHslon get on your assassin and get mire and lets go..

Dong Johnson

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
I had 26+8 CS if I remember correctly. I'm new to stealthier obviously, but even with a slower weapon (3.4) my openers are meh at best. Maybe thrust with Briton is bad I don't know. My stats are capped and I have good quality weapons. I'm thinking I'll just roll a scout or something, right now I'm free arepees and it's embarrassing.
First things first: As an inf your spec should be something like:

Composite 50 Stealth/Envenom (so like 39+11, 38+12, 37+13, etc. depending on your realm rank)
34 CS
50 Thrust
rest DW

Or

34 CS
39 Thrust (or composite 52 Slash)
rest DW

Stopping at 28 CS is an odd in-between where you get Perforate Artery, but not Creeping Death or Leaper (which is the hardest hitting style in the CS evade chain).

Second, if you're perfing for 120 damage against players there's something wrong. What is your exact spec, and can you post a screenshot of your stats and the weapons you're using? We'll get to the bottom of this!

Dakkhon

Reaction score
not safe to say at all. ive 2 shotted people . pa actully really good damage on this server...
OHslon get on your assassin and get mire and lets go..
Ok I am DL'ing the game now. Ill start on Infil today