• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Paladin damage table

Kel

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Will paladin be on damage table 21 like it was on phoenix?

Wreckanishu

Reaction score
Hey there.

Paladins will be on their classic intended damage table. I.e: not like it was on Phoenix.

Reactions: Kha

Kel

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
ahh shame, phoenix did boost the damage of all the hybrid classes since they weren't too popular in the first place.

Pendalith

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
aye a slight boost would be nice for the hybrid life

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Paladin never should have been as low as it was and should be corrected. It's not like it would be even remotely game breaking.

Ayahuasca

Atlas Team
Reaction score
Paladin never should have been as low as it was and should be corrected. It's not like it would be even remotely game breaking.
Paladin goal isn't to deal damage.
Yet he is on same table as Reaver/Skalds/Champion not that low... Or should they be moved to 21 aswell ?
Then what about savage at 20 ? Does he get to join club 21 ?
That's the kind of change you need to be careful with.

Paladin already got DET3 and No power cost Endo. Good start.

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
I never realized he was on same dmg table as reaver. I played a reaver and pally a lot and the dmg difference was massively different. Was it because of weapons? Or styles?

DJ2000

Reaction score
Well yeah. Leviathan is the single most and fastest spammable, highest DPS Melee Style in the Game.

Kel

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
I never realized he was on same dmg table as reaver. I played a reaver and pally a lot and the dmg difference was massively different. Was it because of weapons? Or styles?
This is a misunderstanding where people think oh he's on the same damage table as skald/reaver but then you realized that if you remove levi and the two instant dd on a skald their damage is rather lacking. So bringing paladin up on par with other tank classes is good because when you also include that they have far less spec points to allocate to weapon skills it becomes even worse. Even if you increased the damage on paladin his damage would never reach that of a true tank because of spec points and so with how shitty their damage is now it just makes them even less required and will probably just be replaced by endo pots.

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
This is a misunderstanding where people think oh he's on the same damage table as skald/reaver but then you realized that if you remove levi and the two instant dd on a skald their damage is rather lacking. So bringing paladin up on par with other tank classes is good because when you also include that they have far less spec points to allocate to weapon skills it becomes even worse. Even if you increased the damage on paladin his damage would never reach that of a true tank because of spec points and so with how shitty their damage is now it just makes them even less required and will probably just be replaced by endo pots.

Thanks, this is what I was afraid of. If something isn't done to help improve pally dmg output I really don't see them being sought after.

And someone was asking why every class should be mandatory, well my response isn't that they should be mandatory at all, but they should be VIABLE. There should be a reason that as a paladin or friar or thane or champion or whatever, that if you are talking to a smallman/8man/zerg group and they are wondering what you do that would make them want to take you, that something jumps out.

Every class in the game should be viable in RvR. Not just classes that have historically been good, or just popular ones, every class.

That person who loves thanes shouldn't have to play a warrior because thanes aren't sought after.

I REALLY hope the dev's here do something that makes every class good enough to be used in RvR. Do we really want to be stuck with the same exact groups that have been used on live for years because people don't want the dev's to tinker with things? That is what beta is for.

Paladins need something dev's, let's try to help them out. It's gonna be really boring if we just go back to the way it's always been =(.

Kel

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
This is just a small boost to paladin to improve it's enjoyment and bring it in line with other similar classes. I don't want a world of warcraft where everyone and their mother can do everything lol.

People need to make choices when they create characters, If I want to farm I know I need a farming class like shaman, animist, or necro. A stealther class can't complain about not being group friendly when most classes that are group focused don't do as well solo. So it's a balance where If you want a thane you need to understand that yes I will be superior to a warrior solo, but a warrior will be superior in a group. This mind set is not healthy and the real solution to this is just to both make a warrior and a thane, if there is a group you get on the warrior and if not the thane is there. The solution is already there(alts), but people just want their class to do everything and that's just not good..

Komaf

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Yet he is on same table as Reaver/Skalds/Champion not that low... Or should they be moved to 21 aswell ?

I wouldn't have compared pally to real damage classes. Now I really wish you guys would consider finding a reason for folks to take a paladin into rvr - unless, will there NOT be endurance regen potions? Because why take a paladin into the heart and soul of DAoC otherwise? Champ + reaver damage train assist...skald is mandatory for RvR - so...pally goes where?

Now we see why folks are disappointed in the pve paladin where he will stay.

Process

Reaction score
I've gone on record saying Paladins on Atlas should be exactly like Paladins on Phoenix. That was the most balanced the Paladin ever was. Will slightly increasing their dmg table in 2H really make you feel like this is not a classic server? No. Were Paladins overpowered or even overpopulated on Phoenix? No. Were they playable in all playstyles (hence the purpose of balance tweaking)? Yes.

Sicks

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
My phoenix pally was stupid strong, would chunk heavy tanks for 400+. They excell at being a turtle and out lasting people, if they get more dmg they really are too strong. If pally dmg gets upped then things like warden would get boosted. Not saying thats a bad thing but these classes can already kill people just fine.

Reaction score
I always thought upping their damage table made way more sense than giving them nine hundred thousand spec points for no reason at all. Never felt like their spec points were an issue, it's their ability to fill a tank role that sucks, because Armsman is just better in basically every way

Ashenspire

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Paladin was upped a couple damage tables on Phoenix to make up for the fact they have strength as a tertiary stat. Even with the damage table increase they were largely outclassed in damage by every other hybrid.

Pendalith

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Poor Paladin Life is tough, rip pally

Amarath

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia

People act like pallies are in some bad spot. SP increase and det 3 is str. Wanna find weak hybrids.. thane and warden.. maybe friar.

Amarath

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Paladin was upped a couple damage tables on Phoenix to make up for the fact they have strength as a tertiary stat. Even with the damage table increase they were largely outclassed in damage by every other hybrid.
21 staff friars, wardens? Sure thanes yes, but 0 support thanes...