• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

New warrior, need some advices

Emanuele

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Hey there,
this is my first warrior ever and i am not experienced in RvR. Tried many classes but I felt in love with this juggernaut and he is going to be my main. I really like to be big, durable and hit like a truck while helping my teammates.

Got some questions for you, just because I would like to do efficiently my job on the field:

About the race/starting-stats:
1) I went for Troll race, 10str 10dex 10quick if I remember well.. any good?​
About the Class:
2) I heard warrior has the highest weapon-skill between all classes.. Is it right? Weapon-skill and also damage-table?​
About the spec:
3) I will 50% solo 50% small/8man, so I was wondering to go 50hammer/50shield/rest-parry. Sounds good to you?​

About the role: --- these are the most important questions:p ---
4) What am I supposed to do in 8man? Stay back with casters/healers and slam/snare?​
5) Priority goes to slam or peel?​
*** any further information appreciate here ***
About the early RAs:
6) Where should I put my first realm points? Following the solo/small/8man perspective if possible..​
At the moment still lvling but 50 come closer..
Thanks for help!!
ps. sorry for english

naezgul

Reaction score
I remember when I first tried a tank class, Warrior, I was surprised at how much fun it was to play.
My vote is for norse for race.
Some people put points in two weapon lines so they are able to switch weapons and take advantage of armor resists

joga

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Somebody correct me, if I'm mistaken, but I think there is no reason to level shield beyond 42. You gain very little damage and a inconsiderable amount of Blockrate, but give up other potential.
As naezgul has stated, splitting spec hammer/sword was always popular, something like 42sh/39h/50sw/rest parry I think it was.

Ragnarok is a very strong style at this patch. There were extensive discussions you might want to browse through, also concerning the role of Warrior in RvR group.