• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Hero Specs

Morry101

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
No doubt as with most classes this will generate various views as to how to spec a hero.

Firby / 10 STR/10 QUI / 10 DEX or CON

50 LW / 42 SHLD / 39 CS / 6 BLDES

I know some would go 10 blades for side snare etc, or do the 38 CS to allow 10 blades and some parry.

Whaddayall think?

Last edited:

DJ2000

Reaction score
Opinions are like a...h..., everyone has one....well, here is mine. Opinion....

I usually only go 50 LW on Champs, with Heroes i prefer 50 CS. It is just the better damagetype.
10 Blades is cheap enough to simply pick it up.
50 CS / 50 Shield / 10 Blades / 27 Parry would be my pick. It was also the spec our Hero used to have.

If it's just for the back snare, then 6 Spear is enough anyway.
Damage wise 50 LW would outperform anything lower than 40 CS anyway.
Big spear damage is the side chain 44-50.

Just talking about Grp spec. Solo it may be different.

You can check in with players on Uthgard though, if you need some classic setting data/info.

Morry101

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
That would mean no Annihilation, is that too good a style to give up I wonder?..in a Classic setting.

DJ2000

Reaction score
It really depends on what you are aiming for.

Action​
LW​
CS​
easy Stun​
Backside 50​
No easy stun​
easy Snare​
no easy Snare​
Backside 6​
Compensate​
Need Blades 10 for easy snare access​
Need Shield 42 for easy stun access​
Damage​
Backside 50 (stun)​
Side chain (after stun) + Back chain (snare)​
Damage Type​
Blunt, Blade - var. Melees,
but no Support Targets besides the Friar​
Pierce - Cleric, (Minstrel), Healer, Sham​

If you are keen with swapping weapons then you could do 50LW 42Shield 6CS rest whatever.
I say it again, it really depends on what you are aiming for and planning to do with the Hero.

FYI: Main 1hand (Blunt/Blade/Pierce) is not needed for LW/CS Damage.

Last edited:

Gildar

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
For me 50 cs 42 shield 10 blades rest parry.
With shield slam stun you dont need 50 lw stun as a hero.
Imho

Chysil

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I preferred CS at this patch because of the snare and the 5.6 speed crafted weap over the 5.5 speed one. But to be completely honest they are both good weapon lines. You'll see plenty of both, and only the extreme min / max players will see much of a benefit from one vs the other. Most players will be able to smash people just fine with either spec.

A true min/max would probably want 50 shield of the guard bonus to block and probably go 50 CS and 10 blade for the snares. (additionally, people who usually 8 man would put all their "leftover" points into blades instead of parry to up their WS when sword / board).

Also, without toa overcaps I'd probably do 15 str / 10 qui as my starting points. I don't think you get enough from dex or con to really matter, but if I had to pick one it'd be dex for the block chance while guarding.

Nephamael

Reaction score
No doubt as with most classes this will generate various views as to how to spec a hero.

Firby / 10 STR/10 QUI / 10 DEX or CON

50 LW / 42 SHLD / 39 CS / 6 BLDES

I know some would go 10 blades for side snare etc, or do the 38 CS to allow 10 blades and some parry.

Whaddayall think?

If you want to play any 8v8 you will have to play a BM instead of a hero on Atlas, as a hero is simply a worse peeler in purist 1.65.

BM is also strong 1v1, so definitely a nice choice.

However if it should be hero for 8v8 i would go with 50 CS, 42 shield, 10 blade, 37 parry. This gives you the best antipeel power with combined block/parry/evade, a rear snare that does do some dps and the option to snare from side with 1h.

For solo both LW and CS have their pros and cons.

Namely After-parry-5s-stun for celtic spear and a much superior anytimer vs LW.

LW gives you 2 dmg types, after-enemy-block style and after-enemy-parry chain, a frontal style, a rear 9s stun with high dmg and a anytime attack speed debuff style. Overall LW styles are much superior vs CS from a solo perspective.

(CS)Thrust dmgtype is superior vs merc, minst, reaver, skald, warrior, thane and all supports.

LW is always at least neutral or has bonus dmg vs all targets. - Especially vs sins you always do bonus dmg if you pick slash vs sb and crush vs infi.

Solo spec is also 50 cs/lw, 42 shield, 10 blade, 37 parry - or even 0 blade and 38 parry if you really value that 1 extra point enough to make yourself non-viable for group play.

Starting stats for 8v8 are 15 qui, 10 str.
For solo you can go 15 str 10 qui.

Cotea

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
That would mean no Annihilation, is that too good a style to give up I wonder?..in a Classic setting.
when you have 42 shield, you can slam from any direction for the same duration rather then having to rely on a back stun...

Cotea

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
either way you can go
It really depends on what you are aiming for.

Action​
LW​
CS​
easy Stun​
Backside 50​
No easy stun​
easy Snare​
no easy Snare​
Backside 6​
Compensate​
Need Blades 10 for easy snare access​
Need Shield 42 for easy stun access​
Damage​
Backside 50 (stun)​
Side chain (after stun) + Back chain (snare)​
Damage Type​
Blunt, Blade - var. Melees,
but no Support Targets besides the Friar​
Pierce - Cleric, (Minstrel), Healer, Sham​

If you are keen with swapping weapons then you could do 50LW 42Shield 6CS rest whatever.
I say it again, it really depends on what you are aiming for and planning to do with the Hero.

FYI: Main 1hand (Blunt/Blade/Pierce) is not needed for LW/CS Damage.
LW or CS 50 with 42 shield and rest in desired weapon... so all have acces to 42 shield

Idi

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Hero spec will depend on what you want to do with it, first, and how viable melee damage is throughout the course of the server life.

2 hander group focused specs:
-50 LW / 42 SHLD / 39 CS / 6 BLDES
That's fine for both PvE and grouping RvR. Not so hot for solo fights as the lack of parry will get you eaten up by the dual wielders. BUSY spec due to weapon swaps.

-50 LW / 42 shield / 34 CS / 19 parry / 6 blades
This is one of my favorite RvR grouping specs. You have all damage types, a rear snare and stun, and do good damage with both LW and CS. You get a shield stun, guard, and some parry defense for those solo encounters with assassins or dual wielders during keep fights, and you get a blades taunt so you can actually keep aggro for PvE/farming with a fast weapon. Also busy spec due to weapon swaps.

2 hander group/solo hybrid spec:

-50 LW/CS /42 shield / 39 parry / 6 blades
This is my go-to grouping/solo hybrid spec. You've got 50 in your 2 hander for max damage, good defense via shield and parry for those solo encounters, and 6 in blades if you need to tank for some PvE farming. Between LW and CS, it all depends on if you're willing to swap out weapons or not. If so, run LW so you can swap to get the bonuses vs. the armor types. If you want a more streamlined approach, then run CS and you won't have to worry about swapping as much unless you want a different speed spear or a specific set of procs.

2 hander solo focus spec:
-50 LW/CS / 50 parry / 28 shield / 6 blades
Max 2 handed spec for damage. Max parry to give dual wielders a headache. Enough shield for engage, side and back stuns. 6 blades for taunt and PvE tanking/farming.

1 hander peeler/guardian spec:
-50 1 hander/ 50 shield/ 28 parry
Max 1 hander and shield spec so you can do the max damage you can with your 1 hander while guarding your groupies. Decent parry for those fights with the dual wielders.

1 hander max defense spec:
-39 1 hander/ 50 shield/ 42 parry
Max base damage with the 1 hander, max shield defense, and enough parry to be a nightmare to dual wielders. Weak damage, but it will take forever to kill you.

Race:

Firbolg for max front-loaded damage on the assist train. Celt for the all arounder. Luri for the defensive pain in the ass.

Last edited: