• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Give swap weapon from bags into weaponslot a 5 sec timer while in combat.

Tool73

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
most assassin will hate me for that, but i found it allways very unfair using multiple weapons from bag to reaply dots, using them as a huge damage add for every swing, without any delay, while using a pot from bags takes 5 seconds delay to recast or reswing. Its unrealstic and somehow unfair, since assassins are even without doing this are hard to beat in a 1vs1.

Phönix solution for that was not allow reapply weapon dot on enemy, before first dot has run out of ticks.

I think the full heart assassins will not agree and call this skill and be good equipped, but maybe they can see this also from view of a lover of visible classes ;)

Dstap21

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
notes read.... Does not re apply damage just increase the duration..
so ya there's reading the patch notes.. but ya. and unfair swapping weapons has been done for 20 years in this game lol.

Last edited:

Saroi

Reaction score
Assassins
  • DOT tick will not be applied at every evenomed weapon hit
The problem about Dots on Hit has already been solved. Reapplying poison will only add to the timer.

Giving like you suggest a 5 sec timer for bag swapping would also have an impact on BM/Merc, as they are not able to slam and switch offhand anymore.

Hib Large weapon has the benefit of not needing base weapon spec. So you have Slash and Crush 2h in your inventory to swap for the giving enemy. Same can be said about Savage with Thrust and Slash h2h weapons.

Casters also swap staffs later with 50 as there are special staffs with a 3XX DD charge.

Dstap21

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Assassins
  • DOT tick will not be applied at every evenomed weapon hit
The problem about Dots on Hit has already been solved. Reapplying poison will only add to the timer.

Giving like you suggest a 5 sec timer for bag swapping would also have an impact on BM/Merc, as they are not able to slam and switch offhand anymore.

Hib Large weapon has the benefit of not needing base weapon spec. So you have Slash and Crush 2h in your inventory to swap for the giving enemy. Same can be said about Savage with Thrust and Slash h2h weapons.

Casters also swap staffs later with 50 as there are special staffs with a 3XX DD charge.
Well since you put it that way ya great idea ROFL...

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
most assassin will hate me for that, but i found it allways very unfair using multiple weapons from bag to reaply dots, using them as a huge damage add for every swing, without any delay, while using a pot from bags takes 5 seconds delay to recast or reswing. Its unrealstic and somehow unfair, since assassins are even without doing this are hard to beat in a 1vs1.

Phönix solution for that was not allow reapply weapon dot on enemy, before first dot has run out of ticks.

I think the full heart assassins will not agree and call this skill and be good equipped, but maybe they can see this also from view of a lover of visible classes ;)
71b.jpg

naezgul

Reaction score
I’d add that when an equipped(in hand) item is “holstered” it cannot be swapped in again for 5 seconds.

the 5sec penalty should only be when in combat either way

Howdypal

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
Honestly I agree with everything Saroi said but this is the part of that Idea that came straight to mind for me as well. It would seriously nerf those classes.

naezgul

Reaction score
Honestly I agree with everything Saroi said but this is the part of that Idea that came straight to mind for me as well. It would seriously nerf those classes.
If it was changed as I propose they can open with a slam and then switch to dual no issues.
But switching shield in every round will not be allowed.

DJ2000

Reaction score
If it was changed as I propose they can open with a slam and then switch to dual no issues.
But switching shield in every round will not be allowed.
But then it would only hit the Light Tanks not being able to switch the holstered Shield back in, ....while the assassin can switch his (fresh) poisoned xx weapons without issues?
So you are fine with assassin swaps, but don't want Light tank swap?

Correct me if i am wrong.
Just being curious, as the discussion went from anti-assassins to anti-light tanks (BM+Merc) in a heartbeat, while other Tanks would still be able to go from S/S to 2H freely (sword/shield is not "holstered"), unless you want that timer-mechanic for every actively used weapon, which would still leave the assassins relatively untouched.