• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Give back STR/CON charge to Midgard only and back to a delve of 75

Tool73

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Main reason to have it in Midgard only ever was, that the other 2 realms have on nearly every class long duration Anytimer (or easy reactives) STUN Abilities, mid has nearly no access to beside of thane (wich allready has his own Str/Kon) and warrior.

the STR/CON charge gave some chances to hold against it, that you took away and gave it instead the other realms too.

so i suggest, to give it back to Midgard only with 1.65 delve 75, OR give more midgard classes also Abilities in Styles or Cast, to do a longer duration anytimer (or easy reactive) stun.

Thx work.

Some related to this discuss allready here -> https://www.atlasfreeshard.com/threads/hunt-2h-spec.949/#post-8531

Last edited:

Jhaerik

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
At the end of the day all QoL outside of leveling speed/pve porters/cosmetic stuff/and easier gearing does is delete certain classes/play styles from the game. Examples, thanes kinda of suck, but when you remove their advantage of low endo hammer styles, and str/con self buff they go from sucking to practically useless solo/small man in addition to groups. When you add buff pots then range just turns into a slamless scout. When you add endo regen pots pally just turns into a very crappy armsman. When you add hastener speed everywhere anything other than skald/mini/bard speed becomes worthless. When everyone has access to str/con buff SB's are just gimp infs.

Not to mention when you have buff pots, endo pots, AND charges.... friars are now just a walking ele resists buff and viable at nothing.

QoL /= major balance effecting changes.

Aph

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
At the end of the day all QoL outside of leveling speed/pve porters/cosmetic stuff/and easier gearing does is delete certain classes/play styles from the game. Examples, thanes kinda of suck, but when you remove their advantage of low endo hammer styles, and str/con self buff they go from sucking to practically useless solo/small man in addition to groups. When you add buff pots then range just turns into a slamless scout. When you add endo regen pots pally just turns into a very crappy armsman. When you add hastener speed everywhere anything other than skald/mini/bard speed becomes worthless. When everyone has access to str/con buff SB's are just gimp infs.

Not to mention when you have buff pots, endo pots, AND charges.... friars are now just a walking ele resists buff and viable at nothing.

QoL /= major balance effecting changes.
This is so true.

Unfortunately during the 20 years since 1.65, almost all players are used to these types of QoL. So no matter what you determine the settings to be like, there will be a lot of disappointed players.

The arguments for implementing more QoL will be focused on other things instead of the fact that its simply the behaviour we have gotten used to. For example “this server is focused on 8v8 elitist and not the casual player”, or the whole area of 1v1 balancing in general.

The people voicing no QoL tends to be more direct about the classic ‘feel’ and intended imbalance to keep that state.

I don’t have a solution since all the arguments are probably sound if you assume the perspective of the one bringing it forward.. But it’s definitely all about adapted behaviour from prior servers; and that we are 20 years older and our behaviour has changed in different ways due to our development in real life - or lack of development ;)

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
I think chargeitems are a important element and i know about the unbalance chargewise in 1.65.
At first thought, i would prefer to be stay vanilla, but maybe it would be good to give all realms access to same charges.
Im unsure tbh..

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Think about it: Midgard is at a severe disadvantage in terms of ability and utility in 1.65.. BUT they were the only ones with access to +75 charges. That in itself was a balancing thing.

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Is this midgard disadvantage point a objectice issue and accepted even from the nonmidgard players? Or is it just your opinion?
Warrior have highest dmgtable, bersi makes highest dmg, skald is very good class, savages even very good, healer, shamy, spiritmaster...
Oh and they can pvp as they xp without the need of respecs.
And a port to emain

Tool73

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Is this midgard disadvantage point a objectice issue and accepted even from the nonmidgard players? Or is it just your opinion?
Warrior have highest dmgtable, bersi makes highest dmg, skald is very good class, savages even very good, healer, shamy, spiritmaster...
And a port to emain

the major object issue was wrote about a realm having nearly no stun ability, while albernia realms have, to have some more HP and some More Damage output, to counter that.

in ANY Case 1.65 was the most unbalanced patch of all time from midgard view, no more damage via LA and a full bunch useless RA`s and major reason to go further with more balanced NEW RA system.

So if u play that 1.65, there is a need to not even more unbalance it with that str/con choice, but strengh mids a little bit, as u can allready see in the population imbalance we have imo.

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
And a port to emain
Have you tested a Berzerker on this server?
I watched a blademaster destroy a berzerker in a duel. The zerk doesn't do nearly enough damage as it should.

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
the major object issue was wrote about a realm having nearly no stun ability, while albernia realms have, to have some more HP and some More Damage output, to counter that.

in ANY Case 1.65 was the most unbalanced patch of all time from midgard view, no more damage via LA and a full bunch useless RA`s and major reason to go further with more balanced NEW RA system.

So if u play that 1.65, there is a need to not even more unbalance it with that str/con choice, but strengh mids a little bit, as u can allready see in the population imbalance we have imo.
Exactly. The population trends look exactly like that which plagued Phoenix in its last 18 months:

40-45% Hibernia
40-45% Albion
and maybe 10-20% Midgard.

Rather than a nice 33/33/33 split.

Saroi

Reaction score
Exactly. The population trends look exactly like that which plagued Phoenix in its last 18 months:

40-45% Hibernia
40-45% Albion
and maybe 10-20% Midgard.

Rather than a nice 33/33/33 split.
Yeah lmao. It is not like for a long time Midgard almost had all keeps etc. I leveled quite a few chars in DF before the change to all realms because Midgard had it all the time.

We are in a leveling Beta. The Focus should be on leveling. Guess what? Hibernia was the first realm were xp item got introduced, Albion followed. Midgard does not have their xp items yet and Devs are working on it. Seeing that Alb and Hibernia have higher population is a good sign, also seeing by the amount of tickets made for the xp item on Alb and Hib shows that people are testing those.

I myself played and leveled a few Midgard chars and are now on Alb and Hibernia testing the xp items.

Tool73

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
well phönix was far away from 1.65, so its hard to say. Better look at Uht2 wich is very close to 1.65 with no changes, and this now long lasting endphase. Albernia mostly only fight each other, when midgard is not present and if they got a group togehter, it looses all day long cause of RA tables, and nothing else.

Thx to Flump and Co to give an other impresion leading all tables, but they did that in the hot phase of the server playing 24/7.

Aph

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
To me this is such a minor imbalance. Perhaps a blade master can beat a zerk in a duel and so what? When will two light tanks ever bash each other without heals or help from others? This is duel scenarios in a server where we expect thousands to play together…

Regarding the RA table imbalance, I do agree that SOS > group purge > ichor ; however, it’s not game breaking.. You need a well organised group to really take advantage of the old school SoS mechanic, and group purge can also be hit & miss. Ichor is actually amazing with no cast time and can quickly win you the inc in a swooping situation :)

In my mind midgard was always the easy realm to play. Melee push groups with less need for coordination and positioning (besides holding w). I think the key is that you need your pac heal to be in front and actually burn insta cc… This to me makes the melee oriented groups in Midgard viable with any RA setup…

Midgardian caster groups might be another thing though! Not very experienced in these.

I think we should stop talking about how the game is broken when a zerk cannot beat a blademaster in a duel. This is just silly.

Idi

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Main reason to have it in Midgard only ever was, that the other 2 realms have on nearly every class long duration Anytimer (or easy reactives) STUN Abilities,
Maybe they have those melee stuns so they can try to compete with the 3 types of ranged CC from a pac healer, the two different types of insta ranged CC on the skalds, and the ranged and insta disease from your shaman.