• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

game loading problems

tozz

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
when on the loading screen the loading bar will reach the end then just say to press Esc then it will shut down can anyone help me?

Wellzy

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
The last step of the DAOC loading screen is the World server connection attempt.

If the last tick fails and gives you an esc, that means the game cannot reach the world server. Firewall, or some other network filter is not letting the connection through.

tozz

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
looking in my fire wall program list and atlas launcher is on allow what other file could it be?

Wellzy

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Narrow down the possibilities.

1) If you are on a laptop, try tethering through a hotspot and see if the game loads. Then you know there is some appliance on your network that is too tight.

2) If the hotspot isn't letting you through, then it is a setting on your computer. Do you use a VPN? or some other DNS redirect service like unlocator? Or Surf shark?

Glisseal

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
Is it normal to get "virus detected" when installing the" Atlas Installer?"

Wellzy

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Yes, you need to exclude the folders. If you are trying to download, you'll need to exclude your downloads folder, at least temporarily to get the file downloaded. Or do it on another computer that isn't so strict and put the file on a thumbdrive.

Cymos

Reaction score
at the end of the loadingscreen ,i got the message: no record for user found.
can anyone help pls