• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

Don't add endo regen potions. It's not a QoL change, it's a major balance one.

Jhaerik

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
It's removes paladin from the game entirely.
It makes killing the shaman FAR less cripping for a mid group.
It makes cc'ing bard far less hurtful.

It greatly effects how solo and small man fights play out.

Examples:
Bard + X vs Skald + X
Skald + X + Shaman vs Mins + X + X
Mins + Pally vs Skald + X
Cave Shammy vs X
Pally vs X

All of those are totally different (and non 1.65) fights with endo pots.

Last edited:

Jabstar

Reaction score
been discussed a billion times (allmost literally)
more important things that need attention then this crap

Jhaerik

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
More important that a core part of the game I think not.

Scorpio28

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
More important that a core part of the game I think not.
so what happen's when 8 man is out roaming and the group doesn't have a paladin for said endo?

Keep the endo pot's.

Zyfrig

Reaction score
Let endo pots affect style endu usage only.

I've heard this suggestion from someone else originally but I think it makes sense.

No permasprint for classes who don't usually have acces to it without proper endu buffs, thus also fewer balance implications. This will also revalue the classes which offer this buff without crippling the melee groups which happen to lack such a class.

succi

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
Let endo pots affect style endu usage only.

I've heard this suggestion from someone else originally but I think it makes sense.

No permasprint for classes who don't usually have acces to it without proper endu buffs, thus also fewer balance implications. This will also revalue the classes which offer this buff without crippling the melee groups which happen to lack such a class.
this is a nice compromise if it's technically possible

Komaf

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
I agree there are a lot of bugs. But an entire class = deletion. In this case, the paladin.

My guess is it must be really tedious to make a small change to a class. I'm not being sarcastic, it's the only thing that makes sense regarding a class that hits as hard as a Warden, unless you go two-handed, in which case still no one cares. In the case of the warden: PBT + TWF alone make the class viable.

Paladin has nothing to offer that can't be done better by a merc/armsman/reaver.

Here's some rational thinking:

If a melee class is on a lower damage table, it must be due to utility. Hence, the paladin must offer utility. No one cares about the heal, AF, damage add. Endurance is nice before people hit 30 and buy pots.

So, the question to the developers - and I mean this humbly - would be, what utility does the paladin offer other than nostalgia?

Last edited:

Jhaerik

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
I agree there are a lot of bugs. But an entire class = deletion. In this case, the paladin.

My guess is it must be really tedious to make a small change to a class. I'm not being sarcastic, it's the only thing that makes sense regarding a class that hits as hard as a Warden, unless you go two-handed, in which case still no one cares. In the case of the warden: PBT + TWF alone make the class viable.

Paladin has nothing to offer that can't be done better by a merc/armsman/reaver.

Here's some rational thinking:

If a melee class is on a lower damage table, it must be due to utility. Hence, the paladin must offer utility. No one cares about the heal, AF, damage add. Endurance is nice before people hit 30 and buy pots.

So, the question to the developers - and I mean this humbly - would be, what utility does the paladin offer other than nostalgia?
That's a major issue to be sure. Without their gimmick as "brings the endo class" they over nothing outside of low level PvE.

With Endo pot they either need to rework the pally, or just remove it (maybe replace with heretic? lol)

How do you make the Pally viable though? Without Det 5 it would straight have to either out damage Merc/Arms(not a realistic option), have added abilities from a later era, or bring a powerful RA.

Unless you want to give it something on the level of TWF what options do you have? Some of the below.

Higher Damage Table
Celerity
Heals
Det 5 because frankly it's not a Hybrid anyway.
Something similar Bodyguard.

Komaf

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
That's a major issue to be sure. Without their gimmick as "brings the endo class" they over nothing outside of low level PvE.

With Endo pot they either need to rework the pally, or just remove it (maybe replace with heretic? lol)

How do you make the Pally viable though? Without Det 5 it would straight have to either out damage Merc/Arms(not a realistic option), have added abilities from a later era, or bring a powerful RA.

Unless you want to give it something on the level of TWF what options do you have? Some of the below.

Higher Damage Table
Celerity
Heals
Det 5 because frankly it's not a Hybrid anyway.
Something similar Bodyguard.
Agreed!

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
so what happen's when 8 man is out roaming and the group doesn't have a paladin for said endo?

Keep the endo pot's.
Too bad for that "1337" 8man then