• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

3 Wishes For Atlas daoc Server

Blacksin

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
(And can't wish for more wishes and disparage other people)

1) Beta By Christmas🤗
2) Buff Merchants with Green-Yellow Con and or Alchemist Crafted, including af and haste. On till dead.
3) @ Level 50 Epic Quest with Great weapon and Armor.

Will donate if it helps.:atlas:

sehenry

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
I am all for 1 and 3.

Still against buffs of any kind that don't come from another player though. We will most likely always disagree on this one but I am all for beta as soon as possible and would love to see some good gear quests available at 50. Plz don't make us do the whole crafting/SCing thing, give us some options for our whole gear set up, or at least a good chunk of it.

Everainium

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
1. Shield Spec for Warden
2. All crafts on one character
3. Speed of the hunt gemu

Wellzy

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
My wish:

Focus pulling / shrooms not being the best grp comps.

Groups should have diversity. Tanks healers and dps.

Pendalith

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
all crafts on one character
shroom cap and shroom exploiting to be monitored
volley bug / double tap fix exploiting / cheaters to be banned

Kentavious

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
1) Fix janky style lines - it is evident different people created weapon styles, and whoever made a majority of them was plastered drunk.
2) Quick travel/teleportation
3) Easy leveling/crafting for us busy adults

Process

Reaction score
1. Make changes with the "casual" or "average" player in mind. The hardcore players always follow the mass population
2. Stay true to OF / OF RAs
3. Please launch in Winter time otherwise it will be hard to gather launch momentum

alx01

Reaction score
I know it's a lot more than 3, but I hope some suggestions will be used
1. Expand the endgame. Make timed events/seasons/turnover of different group sizes. Especially MORE than 8 (10-12-16). This breaks the monotony of playing with/against the same players, the same builds and classes and forces players to experiment with new combinations of setups and gang groups get new players in or fight more numerous groups. Create npc-aided events in rvr (e.g. if hib is underpopulated and alb has the most keeps, create a "hib fights back alb" event with a number of lv 50-60 hib guards slowing advancing and attacking alb keeps).
2. Make pve less boring and time consuming. Divide pve regions by levels (like new live) with similar level mobs. There is no point on dividing the pve population and the vast majority of the regions/content is never explored. Level 1-10 in vale of mularn, 10-20 East Svealand and so on. Add some groups of mobs in special locations (dungeon boss, group of bandits/svartalf villages outside dungeons) with special abilities (high hp, healing, cc, casting, stun, styles, cc short duration, aggro linked 8+ of them together, similar to a real-players group skills and roles) so only a very skilled group can take them down in 30+ minutes. Reward will be close to 1 full level when the last mob of the special group is killed. If during the fight another player out of the group or level higher than expected joins the fight, xp reward disappears. This will let experienced players to level faster and not be bored, but also teach new players to fight tough fights and be more competitive.
3. Lean from phoenix: do some qol changes (some basic gear/rog to give newbies at 50 some chance, weapon dots and bleeds don't break cc) but don't destroy the mechanics of the game and make every-realm-every-class the same (all tanks with bank snare, all casters with same type of baseline spells, ecc...). When switching realm, other than the the timer add a "switch realm tax" or a token to buy in-game, costing both rp, bp, gold. Tax proportional of level of highest char in that realm

I know it's a lot of work but I hope that this or some other server would try some of these tips, at least as temporary experiments :)

Howdypal

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
1. A non toxic player base.
2. Longevity.
3. Not too many attempts to overbalance the game.

Gildar

Reaction score
Realm
Hibernia
1. Make changes with the "casual" or "average" player in mind. The hardcore players always follow the mass population
2. Dont break game mechanics goingo too far from original design (apart some PvE QoL to shorten the boring xp grinding)
3. Dont make changes that flatten classes ... preserve Realm variety of skills, stiles, RAs etc. NO to SoS or Perfect Rez to ALL realms and so on, no all classes with the same skill set, cant make the 3 Realms different only to the color of the banner ... red/green/blue ....

Just my 2 cents

Komaf

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
My wish:

Focus pulling / shrooms not being the best grp comps.

Groups should have diversity. Tanks healers and dps.
The problem with inspiring/incentivizing groups to be diverse - taking all class types - even rogues and non pbaoe to 50 - means more people will have fun, and 6 out of 8 invites will no longer just spam: bomb group lfm, bomb or a healer.

That's too fun and will inspire a large player base to stick with the server. We can't have that.

We have to keep the game as it was intended, where players trash talk your class, or don't even reply in chat when you beg for your non-pbaoe toon to join their group.

This way, leveling groups are 4x pbaoe, 1 buffer, one dude's rogue friend, someone's tricky VPN rogue friend (on a dual account). Like on Phoenix.

In other words, keep the leveling part fun for 25% of the player base. That keeps the server small and snooty, and builds a healthy toxicity in the 'community.'

As intended.

Last edited:

Zyfrig

Reaction score
1) Patience
2) Patience
3) Remove Skald class
Just kidding, more patience.