• Welcome to Atlas Freeshard

Register using Discord

2h norse hunter playable?

Dreadone

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i would really like to play a norse melee hunter with a 2 handed sword. Maybe spear spec is "meta" but i really want to test it.
i just really like the the look and feel of it :)

Norse
+ 15 Str
+ 10 Qui or con?

RR3
37 Stealth
44 Sword
40 Beast
35 Bow

any ideas?
sword styles would be lvl34 anytimer polar rift with evade chain ice storm/sifs as backup.

naezgul

Reaction score
What quickness does 40 beast get you? Then the RA’s to max it out?

Wreckanishu

Reaction score
What quickness does 40 beast get you? Then the RA’s to max it out?

For norse, reaching the Swing Cap increase of 250Quickness, you would need to invest 12 points in Quickness at creation as well as get Aug Quickness II.

That would give you 85 at lvl 50, +75 from gear + 78 from 40BC buff +12 from Aug Qui II = 250

Dstap21

Reaction score
Realm
Albion
i did good on norse sword for a while i just like dwarf better but norse was great.

naezgul

Reaction score

For norse, reaching the Swing Cap increase of 250Quickness, you would need to invest 12 points in Quickness at creation as well as get Aug Quickness II.

That would give you 85 at lvl 50, +75 from gear + 78 from 40BC buff +12 from Aug Qui II = 250
So is Aug quick 2 a prerequisite for anything of value ?
Seems like it’s obvious putting in 10 quick is the way to go

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
It's really good, especially if you swap back and forth between a fast 1h sword and a slow 2h during the low GR/high GR style cycle, but lack of a small shield hurts

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Realm
Midgard
It's really good, especially if you swap back and forth between a fast 1h sword and a slow 2h during the low GR/high GR style cycle, but lack of a small shield hurts
Yeah definitely. Lack of small shield means you can't even do any blocking (however small.. I think the small shield block rate was 10-12%?)

naezgul

Reaction score
Always hated this mechanic/tactic

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
Always hated this mechanic/tactic
Really? Why is that? I love doing it. It seems that almost no one does it, and it makes combat a bit more complex and fun for me.

Do you hate doing it or having it done against you?

naezgul

Reaction score
Unrealistic
My opinion, weapons drawn from backpack should have long penalty. And switching back from equipped(either dw/s&b to two handed) should have a cool down so it can’t be done every attack.
This allows someone to use shield for stun and then swap to a weapon.

Cadebrennus

Reaction score
Unrealistic
My opinion, weapons drawn from backpack should have long penalty. And switching back from equipped(either dw/s&b to two handed) should have a cool down so it can’t be done every attack.
This allows someone to use shield for stun and then swap to a weapon.
I completely agree, but since it's in game - do as the Romans do